17 Jul Summer 2018
Monday, 16 July 2018
Summer has certainly arrived in style, bringing the wedding season in tow, and it’s been wonderful to take part in so many celebrations over the last few months. In addition to weddings, I’ve been performing in many solo and orchestral concerts, including with the Surrey Mozart Players and the Sutton Symphony Orchestra, and am preparing to perform in a one act opera next week by the composer Jacob Bride. I was also on tour with Live Music Now, performing in the community near Swansea and during the Fire in the Mountain festival, so plenty to keep me busy.
There are plenty more opportunities for you to hear me play, so I look forward to catching up with you soon!
- Solo recital – 24th July 2018 Just over a week until this free recital at the Wallace Collection in London – huge thanks to City Music Foundation for inviting me to perform. I’m really looking forward to the programme, full of harp favourites paired with beautiful piano transcriptions.
- Solo recital – 31st July 2018 I’m pleased to be returning to MusicFest in Aberystwyth this year, giving a solo recital as well as performing with the Orion Orchestra and fellow CMF Artist, Joseph Shiner. It’s always a joy to have a chance to return to Wales to perform, so I’m even squeezing in another slot at the National Library, so plenty of chances to catch me and my harp on our travels!
- Eisteddfod Genedlaethol – 3-11 August 2018 Having won the coveted Blue Ribbon in 2012, I’m delighted to have been asked to be on the panel of adjudicators for this year’s Eisteddfod in Cardiff. With three age groups and six categories, it will be a long week, but I can’t wait to hear all the talent the wonderful musicians of Wales will display. The festival will be packed with concerts, competitions, ceremonies, stalls, food, and of course, the chance to share our Welsh language and culture.
- Teenage and Junior Harp Courses – August 2018 Organised by Ruth Faber, these courses are great fun and are a great opportunity to meet other harpists and learn new skills. I was lucky as a student to play in ensembles regularly, which not only helped me to develop as a chamber musician, but also improved other skills such as sight-reading and performing confidence. You will also be treated to some fantastic concerts!
- Solo recital – 3rd September 2018 Thanks to the Royal Over-seas League for organising another chance for you to hear me perform in London! This free concert at St. James’ Piccadilly will include some of my favourite Welsh works and is a perfect lunchtime respite from those ‘back-to-work’ blues.